Skype
torbyssteck

Trick O' Treat Trick O' Treat

The humor needs work but visual and audio is stellar. It had a very 'spiritual succesor' to Hellbender's vibe. Your facial details are very, well... detailed. That's really good, keep it comin'.

The mighty N-Bomb The mighty N-Bomb

Very, very good. Not subtle, but good.

Ass Brutalewd 6: Derriere Affair Ass Brutalewd 6: Derriere Affair

Holy fucking shit, dude.

TD-Comfort Kills TD-Comfort Kills

This has easily become a favorite series for me and a good amount of others from what I've seen. This is like a visual journal in it's own right and none of it feels twisted in your favor at any point. I'm looking forward to more of these.

Drawings are well done for the format. None of these are too lazy or overly detailed so it's easy to follow along. I notice the detail happens to be anywhere you want the attention to be so that's a +1 in my book.

Crisp audio is crisp, good work.

Ass Brutalewd 3: Midwinter Mischief Ass Brutalewd 3: Midwinter Mischief

Not nearly as clever or funny as your other ones. More gratuitous than anything- but not bad either. You set your own bar too high I'm afraid, AssBru two and five are great.

Uncle Fuggo: Hoity Toity Uncle Fuggo: Hoity Toity

The character stated what it did with poor/mismatched inflections. This would satisfy the NG back then but this is something we've seen a thousand times before. The imagery is poor and doesn't support the grotesque nature of everything. There were no punchlines, the humor wasn't even beating on the door of shock value.

When I watch this I think "okay, but why?" instead of going along with the sequence of events. When the animation makes me actively have to look for a joke as a way to cover the mediocre writing or animation I can't get on board with it.

MacandCheeseShow responds:

Thanks for feedback. I'm pretty new to animation and a fair bit of work went into it. From the audio recording, to mixing, to laying it out in a simple animation. The style was done purposely. I hope to get better at this as I progress. I was pretty proud of it.

I feel your rating is a tad harsh, but appreciated all the same. Thanks for your review.

YowLife QnA - Gamerz Hosted by Serenity Patterson YowLife QnA - Gamerz Hosted by Serenity Patterson

Mixed feelings about this.

The room looks pretty okay, but the quality of your bodies exceed the quality of your heads/faces. The dialogue was poorly paced, the emotions felt hyperbolic in the worst way. The guests and character emotions felt incredibly 'XD teh random', which is very dated. The voice acting for the tiny skits was bad- I won't mince words. The VAs voices aren't bad, just the acting. Overexpression is all too common here.

Serenity? The fact she likes the creator so much feels a little too much like patting one's own back. This entire conversation is awkward and unnatural. Mic quality varies and is very noticeable, colors are well handled as well as the environment lighting/shading.

YowLifeProductions responds:

*Mixed feelings about this.

The room looks pretty okay,*

-Okay?
-This room is colorful and vibrant and gives off a violet calming tone.(or so I've been told by other commenters)

There are so many details drawn in the desk, let alone the shading and tones of the entire set.

*but the quality of your bodies exceed the quality of your heads/faces. *

-That doesn't make any sense. The facial expressions and animations have much more animation and varying details in them.

*The dialogue was poorly paced, the emotions felt hyperbolic in the worst way. *

-Nothing ever goes into R&S territory, so again this statement of yours makes no sense.

-Also, allow me to counter this with another quote from a critic.

"The whole animation is done in a clean and well-produced art style and the character animations are fitting and fantastic."

-So either this person(as well as many others) are wrong and the animation is bad, or you don't really know what you're talking about.

*The VAs voices aren't bad, just the acting. Overexpression is all too common here.*

-Again, let me use another quote:

"Normally I don't like it when a silent or voiceless character gets a voice because it destroys the imaginary voice you automatically have in mind while you are imagining a character. But the voice actors were so suiting and did such a great job. I really liked every second of them talking."

*Serenity? The fact she likes the creator so much feels a little too much like patting one's own back. *

-Perhaps, but the character is meant to be the #1 fangirl of YowLife animations in general, hence why she really likes the creator. A characterized version of me "Kryssen". I've told many others that she doesn't really like Kryssen, as much as like the artwork and stories he produces, making her JUST a fangirl.

*This entire conversation is awkward and unnatural. Mic quality varies and is very noticeable*

-The fact that you have not stated where/ when seems to indicate that this is what you think is happening, which couldn't be more incorrect.
The audio gain was adjusted according to ensure the characters sounded the appropriate distance away from the "camera" so the varying levels you might be hearing are actually realistically differentiating levels of audio meant to represent a characters placement in the scene.

-Not to mention the mic quality on all these voice-actors range from good to excellent, and have been thoroughly improved upon in the editing program.

*All I can really say is study some podcast formats, record the interviews that way and THEN animate over the more natural flow in that audio.*

-That wouldn't help at all. Seriously, the animation was never meant to feel like reality, it was meant to be more of a cartoonish parody of a talk show. You would have known that if you paid more attention to the pacing and timing of the jokes and animations.

Overall, you seem to have taken one look at it and immediately made a biased judgement.

I've visited your page and noticed you have no movies available.
I can only conclude that you have very little to no actual animation expertise/experience. This may not be necessary, as one can still critique a work based on their personal interests and tastes. However it appears to me as though you are not critiquing the video, as much as comparing it to what you prefer, which is deplorable.

If I could rate this comment it would be utterly useless, 1/5.
I know it sounds mean, but it doesn't provide any helpful advice aside from biased ideas and demands that seem to only appeal to you.

You should probably consider just reviewing Let's plays or podcasts, perhaps you would be better critiqing those.

Madness Goreification Madness Goreification

Y'all shot Cymbo, lmao.

2 Ants 1 President - EP 2: Hally (Part 1) 2 Ants 1 President - EP 2: Hally (Part 1)

I really want to rate it higher. Sound quality is good, art quality is good, animation is a bit stilted but passable.

My problem is the writing.

Where is she getting these books and accessories? Where is her frame of reference for anything? The factory is under surveillance and she doesn't study the humans personally beyond distant analytical observation. This is too convenient and far too easy of a means to create the female lead a place in your world.

Don't ride cliche's if you don't have to, this has a lot of potential.

The King and Orange Juice The King and Orange Juice

Script inflection was poor, sound quality wasn't great but there's a sense of comedic timing that's good.

You have the important part down, now you must improve the rest of it.

SnackerBoy responds:

i seem to say this everytime i make a cartoon, but, wait for my new one. the way it's going i really think it'll be better than this. thanks for your criticism, it's appreciated :)